D70 expected to award contracts
Board also to hear progress report on construction projects
Pueblo County District 70 school board is scheduled to vote tonight on the awarding of contracts for bond projects at three schools.
The board meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. at the Administrative Services Center, 301 28th Lane.
A work session is scheduled immediately after the regular meeting.
The board will act on separate contracts with H.E. Whitlock Construction for bond projects at Desert Sage and Cedar Ridge Elementary schools and Pueblo County High School.
The contract for Pueblo County High is $12.7 million, while the Desert Sage contract is $227,000 and Cedar Ridge is $226,000.
The board also is scheduled to vote on fee requests from the architect/engineering teams for Pueblo County and Pueblo West high schools.
In a related item, the board will hear a report on the progress of projects from the $59.5 million bond program.
At the work session, the board will hear a report on the Education Children of Color Summit and will review the policies on accreditation and early literacy and reading comprehension.
- Pueblo West High School’s Garbiso no-hits Tigers in 2016 season opener in softball
- SOCCER PREVIEW: Senior-rich squad ready for one last run
- Garbiso no-hitter, freshman’s explosion keys Cyclone rout
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Cyclones flush with rare combo of youth, experience
- Boreson’s fight quietly continues