Letter: Don’t judge or too will judge
In response to the “Reverend” Steve Parke, who, in his letter to the View (“Where’s the respect?” The Pueblo West View, June 20, 2013), judged an entire group of his fellow citizens based on his interactions with two individuals who most likely were not affiliated with the Giron Recall effort.
The “Reverend” also judged the Giron Recall effort and it’s supporters as racists and sexists.
I am sure the good “Reverend” must be familiar with the phase: “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.”
What in the world was on the “Reverend’s” mind when he decided to go protest an “Recall Giron” petition signing event?
Was the Reverend so naive that he thought that people who were in agreement with the Giron recall would stop and say kind things to him while he was holding up a “Support Giron” sign?
Politics has a way of bringing out the best and worst in people, but please don’t judge an entire group of people based on the actions of two individuals who may or may not have been even affiliated with the political movement.
- Pueblo West High School’s Garbiso no-hits Tigers in 2016 season opener in softball
- SOCCER PREVIEW: Senior-rich squad ready for one last run
- Garbiso no-hitter, freshman’s explosion keys Cyclone rout
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Cyclones flush with rare combo of youth, experience
- Boreson’s fight quietly continues