Letter: Facilities enhance towns
I am so tired of reading letters to the editor about the costs of Desert Hawk Golf Course to the citizens of Pueblo West.
A recent letter said, “Desert Hawk Golf Course is an outdated expensive luxury for a minority of people.” (“Keep those letters coming,” The Pueblo West View, Sept. 26, 2013).
I personally do not use the parks and recreation facilities in Pueblo West, but I still pay taxes for others to use them.
I don’t attend nor do I have family who attends any public school in Pueblo West, yet I pay taxes and help support programs for others to attend them.
I don’t use the public library, yet I still pay taxes for it and its expansion.
I have never had a fire, but I pay to support the fire department.
I could go on and on, but my point is that facilities, including Desert Hawk Golf Course, enhance the quality of life in Pueblo West whether Bill Clements, Bob Hyatt or I use them.
- Private developments bring public improvements
- GIRLS BASKETBALL: Refocused Cyclones move to 2-0 in SCL following Centennial win
- Metro Board to possibly study feasibility, costs of Pueblo West incorporating into an independent city
- Pueblo West edged by Colorado Springs Christian 37-36
- Hunt's win at heavyweight can't erase falter against #2 East