Letter: Kids drive like ‘idiots’
I wanted to address something that I’ve noticed has become a big problem over the summer and has not gotten better with colder weather.
I understand that getting your drivers license is a huge mile stone and marks the beginning of freedom.
I remember getting mine like it was yesterday.
I’m not all that old.
However, do the parents (in Pueblo West) sit down and discuss road courtesy with their kids before they turn the keys over to a $5,000, $10,000 , $15,000 vehicle.
Because quite frankly, these kids drive like jerks. I’m no saying it’s all of them, but it’s enough that I feel it needs to be addressed.
I have been run off the road, given the finger, had obscenities yelled at me at lights and I can assure you, when I leave the house it’s not for a leisurely Sunday sight seeing tour.
So here’s the deal, the next time it happens, I’m going to record your kid, I’m going to call the sheriff, and I’m going to have them contact you so that you can explain why your kid thinks they have the right to drive like an idiot.
- Garbiso no-hitter, freshman’s explosion keys Cyclone rout
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Cyclones flush with rare combo of youth, experience
- SOFTBALL PREVIEW: Cyclones pushing for three straight SCL titles behind pitching, freshmen
- SOCCER PREVIEW: Senior-rich squad ready for one last run
- Pueblo’s evangelical pastors’ monthly lunch strengthens bonds of friendship