Pueblo West High School
661 W. Capistrano Avenue
• Construction update: Currently the work beneath the bleachers in the stadium is taking place.
Restrooms, concession stands and storage rooms will complete the home stand and will be ready for our fall sports in 2014.
The tennis courts will be complete in the spring of 2014.
The building construction is progressing.
Classrooms behind the school are currently under construction.
The hope is that the construction of the auditorium and front entry way will begin prior to the Winter Holiday.
• Winter Sports: The winter sports season has begun and teams are off to a great start.
There are 150 students involved in winter sports between basketball (boys/girls), wrestling, swimming (girls) and co-op hockey.
• Congratulations to the Pueblo West High School Cheerleaders.
Their yearlong work has paid off as they placed the highest they have ever placed in the history of the school.
•The cheerleaders placed second at the State Competition at CU Boulder.
• Semester II: Grades start fresh for second semester in January.
An official report card for Semester I will be mailed home in January.
Liberty Point International Middle School
484 S. Maher Drive
Liberty Point International would like to remind parents that we are available for parent conferences every Wednesday from 3:45 to 4:30 p.m.
LPI will hold Friday tutoring sessions from 8 a.m. to noon on the following dates:
• Jan. 10: Math/Science
• Jan. 24: Language Arts/Spanish
Skyview Middle School
1047 S. Camino De Bravo
All school news and information can be found at www.svm.district70.org
Cedar Ridge Elementary School
1267 W. Oro Grande Drive
• Jan. 9: PTO fun day - (wear your PJ’s to school $1)
• Jan. 9: January Birthday Celebrations
• Jan. 14: PTO meeting 3:45 p.m.
• Jan. 23: Honor Roll and TCAP assembly for third through fifth grades at 9 a.m.
• Jan. 30: Group classroom pictures
• Jan. 30: Skate night at 6 p.m.
• Feb. 6: February birthday celebration
Desert Sage Elementary
935 S. Palomar Drive
• Jan. 13: Reports cards sent home
• Jan. 23-24th: Parent Teacher conferences by invitation
• Jan. 29: Class pictures
• Feb. 6: Mid-term Reports
Liberty Point Elementary
386 E. Hahns Peak Avenue
New afternoon procedures effective Monday, Jan. 6.
LPE afternoon announcements will be relayed to students starting at 3:08 p.m.
LPE then becomes a ‘school in motion’ getting students ready to depart for the day at 3:15 p.m.
Students will begin going to the buses/front pick-up about 3:20 p.m.
Buses will depart LPE beginning at 3:30 p.m.
Calendar of Events:
• Jan. 8: Student Council Meeting (7:15 a.m.)
• Jan. 9: Staff Meeting (3:45 p.m.)
• Jan. 22: Student Council Meeting (7:15 a.m.)
• Jan. 23: Classroom Group & Individual Photos
• Jan. 30: Jean Thursday
Prairie Winds Elementary
579 Earl Drive
• Jan. 6: Accountability Meeting at 5 p.m.
• Jan. 16: TCAP and First Semester Honor Roll Assembly at 8:15 a.m.
• Jan. 16: PEAK Parent Center Workshop - “Friendships” at 5:30 p.m.
• Jan. 22: Class and Individual Photographs
• Jan. 22: Parent/Teacher Conferences from 4 to 7:30 p.m.
• Jan. 23: Parent/Teacher Conferences from 4 to 7:30 p.m.
• Jan. 23: Community Resource Fair from 4 to 7:30 p.m.
• Jan. 30: Twister Thursday and Birthday Celebrations
Sierra Vista Elementary School
500 S. Spaulding Avenue
Swallows Charter Academy
278 S. McCulloch Blvd
© Copyright 2015 The Pueblo Chieftain & Star Journal Publishing Corp. All rights reserved.