Two killed in Pueblo West crash
Details unclear on wreck that injured another
Two men died and a third was injured in a single-car crash early Friday in Pueblo West.
The Pueblo County Coroner identified the deceased as John Berger, 39, and Ryan Carrillo, 22.
Sgt. Allan Brooks of the Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office said a third man, 37-year-old Roman Sandoval, was injured and taken to Parkview Medical Center.
The crash happened about 3 a.m. at the intersection of Calle Rosa and Platteville Boulevard.
Berger and Carrillo were ejected and died at the scene, Coroner James Kramer said.
Brooks said the preliminary investigation shows none of the occupants wore seat belts and who was driving the vehicle was not known.
They were driving south on Platteville in a Chevy Avalanche when it drifted across the road, onto both shoulders, and rolled as the driver over-corrected, Brooks said.
Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash.
“There was alcohol found on scene. It was scattered in debris of the wreckage,” Brooks said.
A memorial fund has been established for Berger. Donations can be made to the John Andrew Berger memorial fund at all Vectra Bank locations.
- Garbiso no-hitter, freshman’s explosion keys Cyclone rout
- Pueblo West High School’s Garbiso no-hits Tigers in 2016 season opener in softball
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Cyclones flush with rare combo of youth, experience
- SOCCER PREVIEW: Senior-rich squad ready for one last run
- SOFTBALL PREVIEW: Cyclones pushing for three straight SCL titles behind pitching, freshmen