Purcell Boulevard underway
Construction continues at Purcell Boulevard, south of U.S. Highway 50 and will continue for the upcoming months.
Major traffic changes and detours will result in this area.
Construction will shift to the area between Mallon Drive and Hahns Peak Avenue, which began last week on July 25.
Southbound traffic will continue to use the detour on Tiffany Drive.
Northbound traffic will be shifted over to the southbound lanes at Hahns Peak Avenue.
Two-way traffic will be maintained and business access will remain open.
Please follow “Business Access” signs in detour areas.
There will be reduced speeds and temporary traffic control devices throughout the construction area.
The Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office will be on site issuing tickets to anyone not abiding by the traffic control.
Fines are double in the construction zone.
Proceed with caution.
Safety is the main priority for any road work.
For your own safety, please heed all safety devices.
This week the Department will work on the following projects:
• Crews will be working in the area of Indian Bend Drive and Sweetwater Avenue, and north side of Highway 50 quadrant.
• Crews will be mowing in the district, weather permitting.
• The Streets and Road Department would like to extend their thanks to the Pueblo Youth Service Bureau for their help with projects.
If there are questions, call the Public Works office at 547-9801.
This past week, the Streets & Roads Department worked on the following projects:
• Crews continued repair of gravel roads removing washboards, potholes and other irregularities on Louviers Drive, Chimazo Drive, Badito Drive, Auburn Drive, Parkridge Drive, Delaney Drive, El Charro Drive, Indian Bend Drive, Rigby Lane, Bowen Drive, Delaney Drive, Sweetwater Avenue, Limon Drive, and Plaza De Los Leones Drive. Motorists should exercise extreme caution when driving in the area of a grading operation. Be patient, stay behind the grader and do not cross over the dirt windrow that may be present. The grader operator will move out of the way when it is safe to do so.
• Crews hauled road material to Bowen Drive and Sweetwater Avenue.
• Crews did mowing operations in the area of Platteville Blvd, McCulloch Blvd, Longsdale Drive, Matt Drive, Cimarron Drive, Durango Drive, Marigold Drive, Thistle Drive, W Jaroso Drive, Dillon Drive, Monarch Drive, Ravencliff Drive, Abeyta Drive, McClave Court, Hoyt Drive, Paradise Drive, Orchard Drive, McClave Way, McClave Drive, Chaparral Drive, Milt Drive, Blaine Drive, Blaine Way, Industrial Blvd, Enterprise Drive, Assembly Drive, Aspen Ski Way, Auburn Drive, Gantts Fort, Ladonia Drive, Hastings Drive, Bonita Drive, Galena Drive, Encanto Drive, Byers Drive, Chadwick Drive, Shian Drive, Ramah Drive, Cordoba Drive, Loma Drive, Cougar Drive, Keymar Drive, Blackstone Drive, Linda Avenue, Linda Court, Linda Lane, E Sandusky Drive, Bedford Drive, Ashburn Drive, Walden Drive, Thorpe Court, Thorpe Drive, Dailey Drive, Moonbean Drive, Hogan Plaza, Laramie Lane, Wild Rose Lane, Painted Hills Lane, Bravo Lane, Stampede Lane, Shallow Lake Lane, Sioux Lane, Muskrat Lane, Gold Rush Lane, Gunpowder Lane, Canary Drive, Purcell Lane, Kirkwood Drive, Purcell Plaza, Hale Drive, Dowd Drive, N Boyero Drive, Kiva Drive, Gem Drive, Mint Drive, States Avenue, Tidy Drive, Chama Drive, Idledale Drive, Paseo Dorado Drive, Benito Drive, Desert Cove Drive, Burns Drive, Sumac Drive, Ramaldo Drive, Iliff Drive, Hayden Drive, Engle Drive, Cabaret Drive, Maybelle Drive, Snyder Drive, and Gold Drive.