Drowning in clutter? There’s help
Everybody has minor symptoms, aches and pains, tension, upset stomachs, headaches, skin eruptions, mood swings, occasional colds and flu. Some more constant, other just rarely.
Self healing lifestyle starts with recognizing that these systems means more.
How we exercise, how we cope with stress, what we eat. All of these contribute to our bodies natural ability to good health.
However most of us don’t want to make changes in our diets, unless these symptoms happen more often or you are dealing with some bigger problems or serious illness.
The shock of high-blood-cholesterol reading, chronic, worrisome overweight, fatigue or allergies, or maybe loss of memory etc.
We now need to look at what we must do to get healthier.
BASIC SELF HEALING PRINCIPALS:
1. Eat in harmony with nature. Traditional whole unrefined foods, primarily locally grown, cooked appropriately for each season.
2. Balance natural forces in cooking. Seeking a healthful blend of warm and cool, wet and dry, heavy and light, hard and soft, salty and sweet, quack and slow, ordinary and inspired.
3. Using food to create desired effects in your body, in your moods, in your life.
Unnatural modern diet trends include:
1. High consumption of animal foods (meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy).
2. Junk Foods (high in sugar, chemicals, fat, refined salt, and other hypes).
3. More mechanized foods (frozen, spun, hydrogenated, microwave etc.
Volumes of scientific research now shows the clear connection between our modern, revitalized diet and the rise of diseases such as heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, diabetes and hypertension.
More studies and experiments have now demonstrated that if we simply return to eating more traditional, natural foods, the body often begins to heal itself. Nature designed our bodies to be self-regulating, self-renewing organisms that respond wisely and sensitively to the ever-changing world around us.
Traditional meals — meals based on whole grains and vegetables. Cracked and cooked as cereal. Ground into flour for bread, tortillas, pancakes. Dried as pasta for spaghetti, lasagna, soba noodles. Cooked whole and served alongside stews, stir-fries, or beans. Leftovers, tossed in salad with crisp vegetables and seafood. rolled up inside burritos, cabbage rolls etc.
Natural weight loss — Volumes of scientific research now documents the clear connection between our modern, revitalized diet and the rise of diseases such as heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, diabetes and hypertension.
Most Americans are over weight, because their diet is very low in whole grains, but contains over 40 percent fat and more or less 20 percent sugars.
Whole grains are nutrition rich with vitamins, minerals, energy sustaining carbohydrates, protein, and cleansing fiber, they are a complete food.
When you eat more whole grains daily, you feel full more quickly, and satisfied long after eating. Conventional “diet” foods such as salads, or no-cal sodas always leaves you hungry for more.
- Private developments bring public improvements
- GIRLS BASKETBALL: Refocused Cyclones move to 2-0 in SCL following Centennial win
- Metro Board to possibly study feasibility, costs of Pueblo West incorporating into an independent city
- Pueblo West edged by Colorado Springs Christian 37-36
- Hunt's win at heavyweight can't erase falter against #2 East