The Pueblo West View

Senior rebate offered

Money back for rent, property tax and heating expenses

The Colorado Property Tax/Rent/Heat Credit, commonly known as the “PTC Rebate,” is a rebate for low-income seniors and disabled individuals.

The actual rebate total is based on the applicant’s income and expenses.

Any Colorado resident who meets the requirements for the rebate may submit the 2013 rebate application, Form 104 PTC, beginning Jan. 1. The application is available on the Department of Revenue’s Taxation Web site at



Resided in Colorado the entire year.

Are lawfully present in the United States. Complete the DR 4679 PTC lawful presence affidavit.

Single person with total income of less than $12,639.

Married couple with total combined income of less than $16,731.

You (either husband or wife) are 65 or older by Dec. 31, or are a surviving spouse at least 58 years old by Dec. 31.


You were disabled for the entire year, regardless of age.

You are not claimed as a dependent on any other person’s federal income tax return.

Discuss this story
comments powered by Disqus
The Pueblo West View