Sheriff to award scholarship
Statewide group has provided thousands over the years
The Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office will award a $500 scholarship to a deserving Pueblo County student this spring.
Applications will be reviewed by a local citizens committee appointed by Pueblo County Sheriff Kirk Taylor and a selection will be made on the basis of criteria established by the County Sheriffs of Colorado.
The criteria includes leadership, merit, character, involvement and career purpose.
“The County Sheriffs of Colorado has provided thousands of dollars over the years to help Pueblo students realize their dreams,” Taylor said. “Presenting the scholarship has become one of my favorite parts of the role as sheriff and I wish we could provide more.”
Taylor arranges it so that the PCSO can fund the $500 scholarship in the alternating years that CSOC doesn’t fund it in Pueblo County.
Any legal permanent resident of Pueblo County enrolled in, or applying to, a vocational training program or institution of higher learning in Colorado is eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Eligible students can download an application online at cso.org, on the PCSO website and at the sheriff’s office, 909 Court St.
- Metro Board to possibly study feasibility, costs of Pueblo West incorporating into an independent city
- Photography Society to hold annual Photography Show
- Pueblo West takes out reigning 3A state champions in battle of defending state champs
- Private developments bring public improvements
- Library hosting String Quartet