Roadwork . . .
The following are highlights of the report presented by Pueblo West Metropolitan District Manager Jack Johnston to the Pueblo West Metropolitan District Board of Directors.
The Southern Delivery Systems R PSSI facilities testing is still under way; operational availability still projected by the beginning of July.
Revised re-vegetation is still being negotiated with Colorado Parks and Wildlife and will include some retrofit elements.
A controlled burn was held May 22 for decades of accumulated debris at the old wastewater treatment site.
Martin Marietta is still awaiting Colorado Department of Transportation notice to proceed for the Purcell/Platteville boulevards roundabout construction.
The County Road Agreement Phase 2 of a 15-mile chip seat project is expected to commence mid-June.
Parks and recreation
The wheel park is completed at Civic Center Park; the splash park has reached substantial completion and new trees are still on order.
The parks department is facing the first time during an all summer programs, including dance, golf, tennis, T-ball, baseball and nonsports has a waiting list.
The pool opening is still undetermined; needs at least six days to fill and warm after repairs are completed.
This week the Department will work on the following projects:
• Crews will be grading and adding material on Guatamote Drive and Marengo Drive.
• Crews will be patching pot holes in various locations throughout the district.
• Crews will be sweeping in various locations throughout the District.
• Crews will be continuing drainage work and grading on Heron Drive.
• Crews will be doing drainage work on Camino Santiago Drive.
If there are questions, call the Public Works office at 547-9801.