Swim Beach closed today
The Rock Canyon Swim Beach at Lake Pueblo State Park will be closed all day Thursday, June 26 for the annual NSRA Rocky Mountain Nationals Street Rodders’ kick off barbeque.
This annual event, conducted by the Greater Pueblo Chamber of Commerce, is held at the Rock Canyon Swim Beach at Lake Pueblo State Park under a Special Activity Permit with the park.
The swim beach compound and parking lot will be closed all day for this event and will re-open Friday, June 27.
The Rock Canyon Swim Beach is located below and downstream from the Lake Pueblo dam in the Rock Canyon Day Use Area.
The area is approximately 23 acres and includes an eight acre pond, with approximately one acre designated as a swim area.
Lake Pueblo State Park in conjunction with the CSU Extension Office will be presenting “The Native Plants of Colorado” June 28 at 10 a.m. at the Lake Pueblo State Park Visitor Center Auditorium.
The free program will concentrate on the trees and shrubs that are native to Colorado with special emphasis on the Arkansas River Valley. The presentation will be followed by a walk, led by Mary Richardson from the local CSU Extension Office, who will help identify native species.
A $7 daily parks pass or $70 annual pass is required for vehicles entering the park. For more information call Lake Pueblo State Park at 561-9320, ext. 23.
- Garbiso no-hitter, freshman’s explosion keys Cyclone rout
- Pueblo West High School’s Garbiso no-hits Tigers in 2016 season opener in softball
- FOOTBALL PREVIEW: Cyclones flush with rare combo of youth, experience
- SOCCER PREVIEW: Senior-rich squad ready for one last run
- SOFTBALL PREVIEW: Cyclones pushing for three straight SCL titles behind pitching, freshmen